Archive for June, 2010
Gotta do this next year!
What’s your favorite bike ride?
What’s your favorite bike race?
Tell us about your favorite places to ride and race in or near Humboldt County. It doesn’t matter whether it’s mountain or road. Maybe you have several favorites. Enter your favs by posting a response to this posting.
Bigfoot keeps an updated list of rides and races on the Calendar tab at the top of the blog.
Couldn’t make the June club meeting? Here’s what you missed:
- Bigfoot Bicycle Club will keep its name for the foreseeable future!
- More trail work days will occur in July in the Arcata Community Forest
- IMBA folks are coming to the King Range Oct. 7-10
- Bigfoot renewed its memberships with IMBA and the League of American Bicyclists
- Bigfoot will help HSU Cycling with its fall collegiate race
- Next meeting is August 2 at GreenWay Partners, who rock for letting us use their office!
Reminder: Bigfoot Bicycle Club meeting is at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 24 at Greenway Partners in Arcata. All club members are welcome.
If you have any interest in becoming a board member or taking a more active role in the club, let us know! We’re always looking for passionate leaders.
By Vicky Sama
Thanks to our trail day volunteers– Rocky Brashear, Jake Thorpe, Kevin Wright, my hubby Paul Tolme, and of course, Moose– the newest trail in the Arcata Community Forest will be ready to ride in just a few weeks! Yes!
Trail’s almost done!